vineri, 18 decembrie 2009

Herta Müller on the legacy of the Ceausescu regime

"For me each journey to Romania is also a journey into another time, in which I never knew which events in my life were coincidence and which were staged. This is why I have, in every public statement I have made, demanded access to the secret files kept on me which, under various pretexts, have invariably been denied me. Instead there is evidence that I am still under observation.
In spring earlier this year I visited Bucharest, invited by the NEC (New European College). On the evening of the second day I had arranged to have dinner with a friend who, as we had agreed over the phone, came to pick me up from the hotel at six o'clock. As he turned into the street in which the hotel was situated, he noticed a man following him. When he asked for me at reception, the receptionist said he would first have to fill in a visitor's form. This frightened him because no such thing had ever existed, not even under Ceausescu.
(Texto completo en:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/oct/10/herta-muller-nobel-laureate-memoir )
(Por favor, si alguien ha localizado una traducción al castellano de este impactante testimonio, que nos lo haga saber por mail o comentario. Multumesc mult!)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu